Saturday, January 19, 2019

Child of the Americas Essay

In the poem, Child of the Americas, Aurora Morales lend oneselfs the literary segment of repetition to illustrate how different cultures around the piece can get along together and be issue forth one as a whole. I am a child of the AmericasI am a U. S. Puerto Rican Jew I am not Africa. Africa is in me I am not European. Europe lives in me I am new. History made me I am whole, (Morales). Morales use of repetition illustrates all of the different characteristics she feels in her life. By using I am, Morales shows how she actually is a child of the Americas and a U.S. Puerto Rican Jew, however, she uses I am not to explain how she is not Africa nor European, but she believes Africa and Europe are disassemble of the mortal she has become. The different ethnicities and locations mentioned show how each part of the world has influenced her vogue of being. Morales states that history has led her to becoming the person she is today. The conclusion of Morales poem ends with I am whole demonstrating that everyone has a piece of a culture in them that make them whole, no matter where they come from.Throughout, Child of the Americas Morales exemplifies how one person can have numerous cultures, be different ethnicities, or come from several locations, and still come together with other parts of the world and be a whole. Citations Morales, Aurora. Child of the Americas by Aurora Levins Morales. Child of the Americas by Aurora Levins Morales*. (2011) n. page. Web. 23 May. 2013. <http//lauraadiaz. weebly. com/1/post/2011/06/post-title-click-and-type-to-edit. html>.

No comments:

Post a Comment